Real Estate Information
Search our tips archives
Preparing to buy a home
- Save early, Save more
- Establishing a savings strategy early will make it easier to obtain financing towards the purchase of your dream home down later on. Having more than the required deposit is always better as larger deposits may help you to offset certain fees.
- Get finance pre-approved financing
- Having pre-approved financing puts you in the a great position with sellers as you will know the maximum amount you have to spend on a given property and avoid wasted time on properties outside your price range.
- Know what you want
- Renovating can be costly so focus your search on what you want. Determine the features you must have, including the number of bedrooms and bathrooms you require, whether you need specific amenities or yard space. Knowing what you want will make your search much easier.
- Save time by using professionals
- A real estate professional can take a lot of the stress out of the home buying process by doing a lot of the leg work and helping you understand what is required at each stage.
- Do your inspections
- Once youve found your ideal property, it is recommended that you arrange for pest and building inspections to determine if the property is worth buying. This can save you a lot of pain and money in the long run.