Frequently Asked Questions

Search our tips archives

General FAQs

Who is Sagicor Property Services?

Sagicor Property Services (SPS) is a part of  Sagicor Group Jamaica that provides a range of Residential and Commercial Real Estate services including, but not limited to:

  • Buying
  • Selling
  • Renting/Leasing
  • Property Management
  • Project Management

Click here to find out more about Sagicor Property Services.

Where is Sagicor Property Services located?

We are conveniently located in both Kingston and Montego Bay.

  • Kingston – 63-67 Knutsford Boulevard, Kingston 5
  • Montego Bay - Sagicor Freeport Commercial Centre, Freeport, Montego Bay, St. James

How do I contact Sagicor Property Services?

We have several convenient ways to contact us:

·       Call our office during business hours (M-F, 8:30am – 5:00pm) at (876) 929-9182-6

·       Email us at or click here to send us a message right now.

·       Contact our Sales Associates directly; click here .

Does a Real Estate Agent need a license to practice?

Yes. Clause 10 of the Real Estate (Dealers and Developers) Act states that, it is an offence for any person to engage in the practice of real estate business without a licence. An exemption is made for a person who might carry out an isolated transaction without being the holder of a licence.


 For more details please visit the Real Estate Board’s website at

When is a Real Estate Agent a REALTOR®?

The term REALTOR® is a registered collective membership mark that identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics.


I am interested in buying, what should I do?

You can call or email us directly at 876-929-9182-6 or You will be assigned to one of our qualified and experienced Realtors who will contact you by your preferred method (phone/email) and will guide you through the entire process of buying real estate.

Do I have to pay a Realtor to find a property to buy?

No! Realtors are compensated by the Vendor, therefore the service to locate a property for you the buyer is completely free!

What is a mortgage?

This is a legal agreement by which a mortgage institution lends money which attracts interest in exchange for taking title of the debtor's property, with the condition that the conveyance of title becomes void upon the payment of the debt.

How do I get pre-qualified for a mortgage?

Click here to contact a Sagicor Investment Advisor, who will be able to start the process in getting you pre-qualified.

How do I know if I qualify for a National Housing Trust (NHT) loan?

To qualify for an NHT Loan you must:

  • Be currently contributing to the Trust.
  • Have made at least 52 weekly contributions of which 13 must have been made in the last 26 weeks just before the date of your application.
  • Have paid up, with interest, any outstanding contributions due in the last 3 years. Exceptions are Voluntary Contributors or persons earning less than $7,500 per week who are only required to pay up  contributions for 1 year.
  • Be between the ages 18 and 65.
  • Be earning an income which allows you to repay the loan.

For more information, visit the NHT Website at